Machupicchu by Train 2 Days
For those short on time or who simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu these 2 day train packages are the perfect option for you! Email us for full details on all return train times, prices and upgrade options like private rooms etc.
Day1: You will be picked up from your hotel (departure time will be confirmed in the briefing the evening before departure) and brought to Ollantaytambo by bus where you will have about 1hour to explore the town before catching your train to Aguas Calientes. There will be somebody to pick you up in the train station and bring you to the hostel where you will meet your guide who will brief you about your Machu Picchu tour for the following day.
Day2: In the morning you will start your 1 hour ascent to Machu Picchu on foot or *by bus (*optional) to meet your guide at the entrance of Machu Picchu followed by a two and a half hour guided tour of the citadel. When the guided tour is finished you will have the rest of the day to explore Machu Picchu by yourself, if you have purchased a pass for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain you will have the opportunity to climb one of these mountains. When you return to Aguas Calientes (20 minutes by bus, about 1hr 45 minutes on foot) you will have to be at the train station 30 minutes before your return train departs.
- Briefing with our operation manager the evening before departure of your tour
- Shared transport Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Briefing with your MP guide in the hostel
- Overnight In Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour (2.5 hours) of Machu Picchu in English or Spanish with maximum 15 people per group
- Train Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Shared transport Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- All other meals
- Bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu US$10
- Entrance fee Huayna Picchu mountain US$10 w/ ISIC US$5
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu mountain US$6 w/ ISIC US$3
- Bus Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes US$10
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport + ISIC card (if you booked as a student)
- Tennis shoes or trainers
- Long, comfortable pants and wind jacket
- Sweater and light shirt
- Rain jacket or poncho – in any season it can rain
- Camera with full battery and lots of memory!
- Insect repellent (for sand flies)
- Sun block and sun glasses
- Personal first aid kit (personal medications)
- Water bottle with 1-2 litres of water
- Light backpack
- Snacks (everything is more expensive in Aguas Calientes!)
- Padlock for locker in hostel
- Flashlight if you plan to walk up to MP early in the morning